Works as Creative Director at Takes care of Production
Photographer and Installation Artist.
• Has been brand ambassador for Fuji India and an artist in residence in France in 2005/2006.
• Her work has been published in various publications. Her seminal work “Calcutta: Repossessing the City” was launched as a book, published by Om Books International (2007) A best seller in the non fiction section.
• Other books by her are, “Flurys: The cake who walked” with Bagchi Kakaria, “In the Shadows” a book on craft villages around Kolkata.
• Her works were a part of Sotheby’s Spring Asian Art auction in March 2008.
• She created a 2 part photography installation, titled “East City” for The Birla Academy of Art and Culture, in Kolkata, in February 2010. The show has traveled and has been displayed in New Delhi as ”Entropic Sites”,Jan 2011 and to Iran as “I saw that which remained unseen” June 2011. The latest version of her installation was shown in a group show in Berlin in June 2012, titled “ When Violence became decadent” in Weimer in Germany March 2013 and in Vienna in March 2014.
• A short documentary showing her work and process was made by Swiss TV and aired in Switzerland and Kolkata in the KIFF, 2014.
• Jindal Steel Works commisioned her public art work MISSING for the India Art Fair in February 2014.
• She received the prestigious Ficci Ladies acheivers award in April 2014.
• Her Short film, Jaya He, on a survivor, for the Yes foundation “ Yes I am the change” media campaign, was shortlisted amongst the top 10, from 1700 entries in August 2014.
• Had a successful crowd funding campaign for her public art project, MISSING, in June, 2015 and Rotary Teach program has pledged take it to 10 cities across India.
• Yes Foundation “Changemaker” awardee, in January 2016 for the MISSING campaign and the change it is set out to create through public art and awareness.
• Received the Aparajita award for achievment in social work on International Womens Day, in March 2016.